Saturday 8 October 2011

Totally irrelevant but nice

Yesterday I spent several hours in the garage fiddling with the new scroll saw. I've now got about three blood blisters and a crushed finger that is oozing a yellowy white pus... so it was the same as it usually is when I've been doing my DIY!

I made a half-decent stab at doing the key cheek designs which I was relatively pleased with. I'm not going to post pictures of them as yet as I'm wanting to make them MUCH prettier than they are at present. The phrase 'ugly duckling' certainly springs to mind. I'll spend some time tomorrow tarting them up and if you're good; only if you're good, I'll post some pictures of the work so far. I'm happy with the results thus far. Not extatic yet, but the potential is definitely there.

Now to the totally irrelevant bit...

Martin and I decided a few weeks ago that we'd at long last have a civil partnership. As we've been together now for just short of 13 years we felt we'd served our time. So, we set a date of November 10th which is just a couple of days before the date we always celebrate as our 'anniversary' which is 13th. We're off down to London on the 9th, staying at 'The Capital' in Knightsbridge and dining at Le Gavroche that evening. The following morning, Kerry and Don, our witnesses are coming over from their hotel to have breakfast with us at our hotel and then we're all going off to the Old Town Hall at Marylebone where we're having the ceremony. To say it'll be small is an understatement as there'll only be 6 there... Martin, me, Kerry, Don, the Chief Registrar and the Registrar. That's more than enough! After the ceremony we four are going to The Wolseley for lunch. Martin and I are then going to see La Sonnambula at Covent Garden and will be doing a couple of other things that interest us like museums, 'pubs, photographs, sightseeing and the like. The following evening we're going to have dinner at our hotel and then on the Saturday we're back home. We're both really, really looking forward to it.

Today we went across to Newcastle to get new suits. Now I've got at least half a dozen suits that fit me or don't fit me depending on whether the waist is 32, 34, 36 or 38". Yes, really! Currently I'm at 32" and heading downwards. I've got a really, really nice suit I bought for my dad's funeral (he is dead - I'm not just hoping and jumped the gun a bit regarding the wardrobe choices) but sadly I've lost 2 stones in weight then (only sad 'cos the suit doesn't fit anymore!). So, new suits it was. I opted of a light grey three piece suit with a red/orangy coloured tie and a new plain 'posh' shirt with the double cuffs because I like to wear cufflinks. I did plan on getting new shoes too but nothing grabbed my attention so I didn't bother. Martin being Martin was very keen to spend 18p on teh entire ensemble. He ended up spending a lot more than me and I'd pretty much decided that whatever it cost I'd pay it. So, we're both suited and one of us is booted. Innit, sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment